Canoe Information > Under what conditions will it be used?
Under What Conditions Will It Be Used?
What do you intend to do with a canoe?
- Touring scenic lakes and rivers
- White-water and tripping
- Short day trips
- Week long adventures involving many portages
- Solo paddling
- Paddling with a partner or group
- Canoe tripping and camping
- Hunting or fishing
- Exploring, photography and bird watching
- Recreational exercises
- Competitive racing - canoe regattas and triathlons
Where will you be travelling?
- Across large open bodies of water
- Small secluded lakes
- Meandering rivers
- Turbulent rivers
Which is more stable, a flat bottom canoe or a round bottom one? You might be
to find out.