Construction > Cedar-Plank Canvas-Covered
- These canoes are hand crafted using premium eastern white cedar both for
the planks and the ribs.
- White ash is used for the inwales and stems, while the hull is trimmed
with oak gunwales.
- Brass canoe tacks are used to fasten the planking and ribs together and
the outer hull is then treated with linseed oil to protect the wood.
- Canvas is then stretched over the structure, attached with brass tacks
and the filler is applied by hand rubbing.
- We are one of the few remaining manufacturers that paint the canvas
before the gunwales and keel are attached.
- Both gunwales and keel are completely protected on all surfaces with
their respective coatings to prevent premature aging and rot.
- The bow and stern are then finished off with polished brass protective